The idea is simple! Swap traditional guacamole ingredients — like lime and cilantro — for Mediterranean-friendly flavors — like lemon, sun-dried + fresh tomatoes, oregano + parsley, and kalamata olives. Plus, just 8 ingredients, 1 bowl, and 10 minutes required.
A healthy snack from the Avocado team!! 🥑 💥 🎬
fun & delicious
Here's how you do it.
- 2 medium to large ripe avocados, halved, pit removed
- 1 lemon, juiced (2 Tbsp or 30 ml)
- 1 heaping Tbsp (8 g) chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp (30 g) diced ripe cherry tomato
- 1/4 cup (40 g) diced red onion
- 1 tsp dried oregano (or 2 tsp fresh)
- 2 Tbsp fresh (7 g) chopped parsley
- optional: 4 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste (~1/8th tsp each)
- Add avocado and lemon juice to a large mixing bowl and use a potato masher, pastry cutter, or large fork to mash and mix.
- Add remaining ingredients (olives are optional), and stir to combine (see photo above). Sample and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Adjust other flavors if needed, adding more lemon for acidity, sun-dried tomato for deeper tomato flavor, onion for crunch/spice, or parsley or oregano.
- Enjoy immediately with pita, pita chips, or vegetables! Best when fresh, though leftovers keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Serving size: 1/4cup (of 8 total servings) | Calories: 110 | Fat: 10g | Saturated fat: 2.1g | Carbohydrates: 5.7g | Sugar: 0.7g | Sodium: 54mg | Fiber: 3.8g | Protein: 1.2g